A blog by an historian, Pagan and fanfiction writer, with left-wing leaning politics. In short, I could be waffling on about anything.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

I've Been Nominated for a Shorty Award!


I had no idea that the Shorty Awards even existed, until I checked my e-mail. I had yet to open Twitter, but the alerts were all there. Twelve of them, all nominating me in the Blogger category.

They hadn't come from just one group or set of friends. People from different forums, who couldn't have been prompted by each other, were lined up in that queue. They each gave reasons for nominating me. I'm not ashamed to admit that I became overwhelmed and just cried.

The official list hasn't registered every person who voted for me. My Twitter alerts now say that there are fifteen, but only seven have made it onto the Shorty Awards list. If ever I needed encouragement to keep on writing, then this is it.

Thank you to everyone who has nominated me so far. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment